Now that you have switched from traditional smoking to electronic cigarette smoking, you have finally made the right decision ever! It is important to know how to keep your vape or e-cig in good condition through proper and safe handling, storage and cleaning. E-cigs are specifically designed for a health-conscious smoker, but there are reports such as e-liquid poisonings and battery explosions, which serve as a lesson to follow basic care tips and safe use of e-cig. Allow us to share some important tips with you about taking care of your e-cig or vape.
1. Do not overfill your tank. Always follow the manufacturer's instruction about the amount of e-juice you need to fill in your tank. Mount Baker Vapor e juice that overfills the center hole can damage the battery and the coil that voids the factory warranty and makes your e-cig damaged and useless. It also leads to e-juice to drip into your mouth and cause a gurgling sound when vaping.
2. Replace your coils as needed. If you taste burnt when you smoke or you no longer taste the flavor of your e-juice, then it's time to change the coils, and it is ideally every three to four weeks. Replacing the coil of a KangerAerotank is relatively simple, just remove the base, unscrew the old coil and the throw it. The new coil is screwed into the base, then refilled with e-juice, and finally reassemble the bottom.
3. Always keep your tanks clean to ensure that previous flavors are not mixed with your current e-liquid flavor. Cleaning every two to three days is enough if you are using a single flavor. Sterilize the mouthpiece properly to prevent bacteria and microorganisms from forming.
4. Never overcharge the battery because it can decrease the battery life. Drain your battery first before charging it back. You can also learn more tips on where to find the best vape juice by checking out the post at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwVoYajEwBk.
5. If you notice that the cartomizer is getting warm, put it down for a little while, and use it after it's cooled.
6. Store your batteries away from extreme temperatures.
7. Avoid charging your e-cig overnight because it may overcharge and cause battery failure. Remove from the charger as soon as it is fully charged. Always use the charger that came with your e-cig.
8. To carry your e-cig safely, do not carry it with metallic objects like a coin or key chain. Place it on a case intended for your e-cig or lanyard. Always position your e-cig upright so the juice won't spill and damage the coils and batteries, learn more here!